Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 17

Tonight I decided to try and get ahead of the game and decrease some of my stress.  My kids are hungry coming home from school, and immediately want a snack. Which would be fine, IF they could survive on only 1 small snack before dinner...which turns into a never ending battle of "I'm still hungry! PLEASE, just ONE more!" and then end up not eating dinner very well at all. So it is just easier to go ahead and start cooking dinner as soon as I get home and say no completely to snacks altogether. I eat lunch or "brunch" as I like to call it at 10:45---we are the 1st class though the lunch line. Needless to say, I am starving as well by the time we get home. So...we eat dinner around 5 at the latest usually. And since I've cut out the after-school snack--the kids are usually under my feet begging for dinner to be ready, and usually leads to Jack melting down to tantrum mode in front of the oven/fridge=stressful!  Looooong story short, I decided to cook up a bunch of ground beef to freeze for different dinners, cutting down on defrost/cook time.  I bought enough to separate into 5, 1.5lb bags, to cook/season/freeze. I made a taco, italian, and generically seasoned one before THIS happened
 UGH....almost all the seasoning fell out when the top came off accidentally.  I tried to salvage it...went ahead and cooked it, and tasted...um not gonna work.  Sooooo I only ended up with 3 bags. Oh well, that is 3 less stressful dinners to make, right???
 

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart! That stinks! Oh well, I guess 3 nights is better than none...

    ReplyDelete