Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16

This morning Elizabeth asks: "Now why don't we get to go to school today?"
I corrected her with "you mean, why do we get to stay home today? Well remember it is Martin Luther King's birthday, do you know who that is?"
E: "oh yes, mommy- He's the one who changed the world."
I am impressed now..."how did he do that , sweetie?"  
E: "well, he taught everyone to talk it out with words, and not with their hands. He thought we would all be happy if we didn't fight. He is dead now, but he is still an angel and still wants us to be nice to each other.And I know this is a true story because Mrs. Colburn read us a book with REAL pictures.
Perfectly said my sweet girl....and Mrs. Colburn gets another star in her crown.

ok on to the picture.....

Today Nana and the kids and I went to United Textiles to shop for a rug for my living room.(thanks Susan for the idea!) Taking out the carpet increased the noise decibel level to intolerable....so I needed a sound barrier of some sort. This place was awesome!  It was room after room of wall after wall of hanging rugs and carpets.  As mentioned in a previous post--my daughter gets her lack of decision making honestly.  I think I probably scrolled though hundreds of rugs, and after an hour they honestly all started looking the same and I didn't even know what I liked or didn't like anymore.  The kids were good for a while--then started hiding between the hanging rugs and jumping out at each other (aka other customers).  So I just decided to go home with the last one that I thought I liked, and I am pleased with how it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment