Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 48- Something you hate to do

My least favorite thing to do around the house:
I hate unloading the dishwasher. HATE.  H-A-T-E.  
I don't mind loading it, I don't mind washing dishes by hand.  But I cannot stand unloading it and putting them away. I hate the feeling of the cold, wet dishes and how loud the plates, etc are clanging together. I hate how the water drips on the floor.  I would rather clean a toilet than unload a dishwasher. 

There is even a Facebook page dedicated to those in unity against unloading!

Now don't go thinking I'm being all petty and taking the fact that I HAVE a dishwasher for granted. 

Dirty dishes means we ate. A dishwasher full of them means we ate well. Three meals plus a stray snack here and there. We're not entitled. We are blessed. I never think about my next meal except to wonder which of the various options I'm going to choose. 

After all,  this post was titled: something I hate to do....so here it is. And here is a dishwasher full of nice and wet dishes all ready for me to put them away.  
Any volunteers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment