Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 45- Heart

Happy Heart Day!
I love Valentine's Day...not because I get flowers, chocolate, or romantic cheesy-ness (I do not get any of those things).  I couldn't care less about those things, really. Don't get me wrong, I love a good gift...but I'd rather it be on a day that means nothing, and not on a day when it's expected. I don't love fancy restaurants...McDonald's is my fav remember!?  But I do love being an elementary school teacher on Valentine's Day. The kids were sooo excited all day to pass out their cards, and I loved the expressions on some of their faces...as if they were getting gold in those preciously decorated white sacks. I loved seeing Elizabeth's face as she opened each card, one by one, and discuss the kind of valentine that ___ gave, just for HER! Days dedicated to showing others you thought about each of them...even if it's with a commercialized Angry Birds folded valentine...should be mandated more often. Spirits were happy and high all day long....starting at 6:30am

all the way until 4:00

Please overlook E's green fun dip teeth and the fact that Jack isn't wearing pants....
Now, dinner is finished, kids are bathed, PJ's are on, and are watching my ALL TIME favorite:
 Lady and the Tramp!

No comments:

Post a Comment