Friday, March 29, 2013

March 29, 2013

I've been meaning to dig out my favorite set of books for Elizabeth for a long time, but can't seem to remember while at my parents, until now.    I have such wonderful memories of reading these--I've read them many many times.  THEN there's the TV show...I've watched every episode as many times as it came on.
How could this not bring back nostalgia??



Michael Landon's death was DEVASTATING!  Pa should live forever!  There was something about those stories that captured my imagination and interest and had me realize that YES!,  I wanted to live in one room with my whole family, and have a corncob doll all my own--wear a calico bonnet and walk to school, play a fiddle at night and sleep in a loft with my sister. These stories now have much deeper meanings for me- they represent what we all really want: courage and perseverance to keep trying when faced with hard and desperate times; the desire to have an adventure and to find it in everyday life, a hope that something better is just around the corner---but if it isn't, the relief and peace knowing that we have all we really need right within our family.
ANYWAYS!   Here are my books....I can't wait to start reading them with E.  She'll want to read them by herself, but I'm going to make her share!  There are so many valuable lessons in those pages....





No comments:

Post a Comment