Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March 22, 2013


I know that I have posted about this before, but it can't compare to the amount of times it goes through my head....My kids (much more jack than E) are addicted to screens. TV, movie, computer, phone, etc.  I know I am 100% to blame---I love my phone computer and TV as they do.  I think it's just hard b/c I never had any of those things growing up, so I feel like they are inappropriate in such large doses for them.   Walking by the bathroom, I peeked in to check on what was taking so long and this is what I see....SERIOUSLY!  Is that necessary??   I need help with an intervention. Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. I've read about some parents giving their children "tech" time (computer, TV, iPad, or whatever they choose) equal to the amount of time they spend doing something else that is considered productive. For example, one set of parents made the rule that if their daughter read for 30 minutes each day then she could get 30 minutes computer time that same day but the reading had to be completed first and the computer time couldn't extend past bedtime. Although we don't have kids yet, it's certainly something I've been thinking about a lot of how we'll handle the technology overload with our children one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea! Great for E....Jack probably wouldn't get that concept but still great concept.

    ReplyDelete