Thursday, February 14, 2013

New Habits

While reflecting last night on the Lenten season, and reading more and more about why we give things "up" for lent, and what it all really means, I decided to kind of go in another direction and search for finding a better attitude and direction through the everyday joy already in my life. 


Don't get me wrong...I love the life He has given me, but sometimes I forget to see the glory and the wonder of each moment . . . it gets left behind in the sink full of dishes or beneath that ninth pile of laundry or in the demanding needs of a 3 year old.
I am working really hard on creating new habits. I want the thankfulness to become one my habits. Not the complaining. To praise and not whine. To take note of the beauty instead of getting bogged down in the gritty.  
Wednesday, Feb 13.....

I am thankful for the new habit I have been diligently trying to create. My quiet  time of prayer and reflection. I am trying to force myself out of bed a half hour earlier than normal to have at least 15-20 minutes of uninterrupted time with my coffee, devotional and Bible. Now, at least 2 mornings per week, a sleepy 3 year old wonders in way before he should be waking up...but for that I am grateful too :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment