Friday, February 15, 2013

February 15, 2013

The photo taken tonight shows one of Jack's favorite things to do...play in the sink with soapy water. I rarely let him because a) he makes a huge mess on the counters and floor and b) he usually wets his pants while playing.  Tonight when he begged to get the step stool out and "cook dinner" in the sink, I was reminded of a quote I read not too long ago that says:


If you don’t fight for joy, it’s your children who lose.



What do I want my children to remember--my joy in clean floors, in laundry that is finally finished, in toys that are put away--or my joy that comes from something bigger? 

You will be most remembered -- by what brought you most joy.

The joy of the Lord is your strength and this is my unassailable joy- and the battle for joy is nothing less than fighting the good fight of faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment