Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 237

I made a yummy recipe I found on Pinterest tonight....Southwest Chopped Chicken Salad
Lots of ingredients, but really easy to make

2 cups shredded chicken- I threw a couple frozen breasts in the crock this morning with a tsp of taco seasoning and a couple spoonfulls of salsa
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can white shoepeg corn (or mexicorn, but I love white shoepeg)
2 roma tomatoes, diced
4 green onions, sliced
1 head ice berg lettuce, washed and chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped ( I added more b/c I LOVE cilantro)
2 ripe avocados, diced (I omitted these b/c Jerry is not a fan)
1 cup crushed tortilla chips


dressing: 
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2/3 cup Greek yogurt ( I just used one tub) 
1 tbsp ranch seasoning (I used a whole packet)
1 tbsp taco seasoning (I just added back a tsp of the juice from the crockpot)

In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients together, excluding the tortilla chips.  

In a small bowl stir all dressing ingredients together.  Pour dressing over salad, starting with about half of the dressing.   Toss to combine, then gradually add more dressing until it is coated well.  Top with tortilla chips.  



my chicken from the crockpot

YUM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment