Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 232

Having a little boy was something I was never able to envision. When I thought about kids/babies before I had them, it was always girls. I suppose probably it is because I am a girl but whatever the reason, little boys were never something I saw myself having.  I've posted before about being amazed at the difference between my kids- boy/girl or just different kids...whatever. Jack leaves me questioning my parenting skills on a daily basis. He is such a funny kid--and I don't know where or why he thinks to do the things he does. Jerry says it just part of the male gene....
Jack's latest interest is being upside down. He loves to hang upside down on our lap, off the couch, his bed, etc. I've even caught him watching TV upside down hanging off the couch. The special education teacher in me is trying really hard not to make any judgement here and just let it be a 'weird boy thing'   that will soon phase into something else.
Tonight outside I was taking some pics of the kids playing, and caught this one after the ball rolled between his legs.

Awe...cute picture,  I thought to myself. Then he realized he was upside down, and just stood there...taking it all in.  Notice the relaxed, made-myself-at-home, hand placement. Elizabeth and I just looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders...We don't get it. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment