Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 181

It always amazes me to see the differences between my kiddos -or the differences between girls and boys- when they were created by the same gene pool, raised the same way, exposed to the same things, etc. We don't watch violent things on tv--like I've mentioned before, I try to screen what my kids watch heavily. Yet, when we pass the superhero toy display or a toy laser shooter, Jack is drawn like  a a moth to a flame.  We do not own a gun, we don't hunt or play violent video games- or video games at all-yet Jack knows what to do with a toy gun and goes into aggressive noises and faces.  Is that just innate?  I guess Elizabeth is the same way with the "pink isle" at target---but that just seems more normal to me for some reason. Yesterday, flipping through channels we passed the Avengers cartoon TV show and Jack went into total excitement and ran to his bedroom returning with his laser shooter. (which I was against buying, for the record-but gave in since it was Buzz Lightyear) WHAT??? I asked why he needed that and his reply: "to get the bad guys"  REALLY?  What bad guys do you know about?  and you feel the need to shoot them?  there are no shooting of bad guys on the Wiggles or Curious George. Where is he getting that? Is he going to go back to Kingwood and get expelled for putting some moves on his 3 year old friends? Is this normal? AGH!   I didn't even know who the "avengers" were until I watched it....of course, telling Jerry about it-he was proud and excited that maybe he can pretend to be 6 again and start buying superhero toys. Maybe this was just a genetic code that WAS passed down!

Here he is 'getting those bad guys'


No comments:

Post a Comment