Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 29

I usually steer clear of any seemingly in theory 'super fun' activities with both kids alone.  I have been burned too many times and swear I'll just stick to what I know will be manageable for me. Pumpkin patch=NEVER again.  Restaurants that require a waiter=better be someone REALLY important's birthday. My kids just do not do well outside of their predicable environment. Maybe it's my fault for not exposing them more but it's just never worth it to me.  So last night when Rachel asked us to come to 'Family Bingo' at our local coffee shop, I was hesitant. I declined last Saturday night, but Elizabeth was insistent to go this time.   Free bingo card with a 5$ purchase...sounded good to me, since I would need a giant caffeine IV to get the through the night from you-know-where- with my non sleeping, screaming 2 year old.
Well, I am happy to report that E LOVED it!  She was very serious and anxious when she couldn't hear the numbers being called (shocker!).  She won the 1st round and from a giant table of prizes including gift cards...she picks this Valentine monkey. She went right for it, like it had a spotlight shining on it.  Jack required lots of distractions, candy and trips to the cupcake display window. Thankful Rachel helped me out with that. Here is Clark and his Grandma (Nanny).  All in all a fun night!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Cute pix and so glad this activity did not make your list of "never agains." Cant beat inexpensive entertainment in a family friendly enviornment with lattes!

    ReplyDelete