Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2- a double post.

Today was the last day of Christmas break for me.  The kids go back Wednesday, but I go back tomorrow. So I can't think of a better way to spend it than with a play date with our friends Katie and Maggie. As you see from the picture, Jack and Maggie are in love, and Katie and I are already planning the wedding. 
And because I couldn't resist sharing this picture, here is a bonus for today. Elizabeth earned 2$ 'helping' Nana this morning. So I took her to Dollar Tree this afternoon to spend this hard earned money. Elizabeth is notorious for not being able to make a decision (wonder where she gets that from?) and we spent entirely too long trying to decide. How about this coloring book? No.  Jump rope? No. Look at all this candy you can get! No.  Then... like a mirage in a 5 year old's eyes is the ceramic figurine display. I try to steer her towards the make-up....no.  So this is what we go home with: a BEAUTIFUL ceramic flamingo, and this exquisite silk rose in a glass vase for Mrs. Colburn, whom she has been trying to purchase gifts for at every shopping trip to Publix.  Clear a spot on your desk Mrs. Colburn......you've got an after-Christmas surprise coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment